Since its inception in the year 1979, Rangapara College is striding ahead in its mission of disseminating higher education among the economically and socially disadvantaged rural students of the state. "
"By focusing on the needs of students, teachers are able to assist and teach students within the classroom ensuring a higher level of student success"
College at a Glance
Established in the year 1979, Rangapara College was affiliated to Gauhati University in the year 1980. The college was brought under deficit grant-in-aid system from 01/01/1987. The college was included under Section 12 (B) of UGC Act from 20/03/1996. In the year 2004, the college was accredited ‘B+" by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). In the year 2011, the college was re-accredited ‘B’ grade. Beginning its humble origin from Rangapara Town Hall, it was shifted to the present sprawling campus of 41 acres (122 Bighas) amidst lush green tea gardens on 16thAugust, 1979. Since its inception, the expansion of the college has been phenomenal. The faculty strength has increased manifold; thereby producing more and more students over the past few years. In terms of infrastructure, it is one of the remarkable institutions in the region equipped with digital class room, seminar rooms and modern library. Besides, the college is blessed with a computer center, well-furnished hostel, Indoor Sports complex and playground.
1. To provide quality higher education and make it socially relevant and to explore potential of economically and socially backward communities that include BODOs, ST, SC, Adivasi, the Tea Tribes, OBC and others.
2. To explore the local potential of social environment and integrate it to the various courses of study which are done through University Curriculum.
3. To adopt modern and innovative means of education to make it relevant to social, national and global needs.
4. To promote among the students the sense of national feeling towards an integrated society which seems to be threatened by domestic and y. international conspiracy especially in this isolated North Eastern region.
5. To promote social harmony and economic awareness through field work especially among Tea Tribes and Bodo Tribes whose upliftment is necessary for removing regional imbalance which is the result of unplanned economy and human resources.
6. To promote health awareness and environmental awareness among the members of the society and student community by engaging professionals as a measure towards a better and healthy society.
The college will not remain confined only in fulfilling the above mentioned aims and objectives, it will strive to cater all aspects of higher education through which a society can be uplifted.
Rangapara College stands firm to reach excellence by generating fruitful social, economic, cultural and human resources through promotion of quality education and thus to mould the society for a better world.
1. To Transform lives and serve the society by promoting participation of rural students in Higher Education.
2. To create environments for holistic development and growth of our student and teachers.
3. To promote academic excellence..
4. To develop intellectual, expressive and social skill.
5. To strive for excellence in Teaching, Learning and Research.
6. Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff and student to the centrality of diversity, social justice and democratic citizenship